What is Cystic Acne?
Cystic Acne refers to a painful and severe form of Acne Vulgaris that’s characterized by formation of tender, red and large lumps, which usually have an average diameter of 5mm or even more. The lumps are often filled with pus, so they’re swollen. Just like it is for any other type of Acne, Cystic Acne is caused by infected and clogged oil ducts.
This type of Acne is somewhat difficult to cure. Fortunately, there are numerous skin care home remedies that have been found to be greatly beneficial to Cystic acne natural treatment. Sufferers should always keep in mind that squeezing the Cystic Acne increases the risk of developing blemishes & Acne Scars, and additionally tends to worsen the Cystic Acne.
Home Remedies for Cystic Acne
Most home remedies for healing Cystic Acne discussed in this article are based on natural methods and ingredients. Therefore, they rarely cause negative effects to the skin of the users. They include:
- Regularly rinsing the affected part of the skin with a solution of natural cider vinegar and water is the best home remedy for Cystic Acne management. The amount of water in the solution should actually be equal to that of apple cider vinegar. Adding considerable amounts of green tea to the solution can better up the results. In addition, drinking at least one glass of water mixed with averagely two teaspoons of cider vinegar is important as it will help heal the internal part of Cystic Acne.
- Applying a combination of one teaspoonful of cinnamon powder and three tablespoons of honey can help in curing Cystic Acne naturally. Adding some egg white to the mixture can lead to quicker results. Also, topping up the mixture with aloe vera gel will greatly help reduce Acne swelling and redness faster.
- Cabbage poultice can effectively heal smaller Cystic Acne. Basically, the poultice is prepared by compressing hot cabbage leaves. The poultice is then applied to the affected part of the skin. Covering the affected part with a washcloth soaked in warm water, ten minutes after applying cabbage poultice will help pull out pus thus, reduce swelling without necessarily squeezing it.
- Mix equal parts of water and baking soda to form a paste. If possible, add some sea salt then apply the resulting mixture to the affected area. This method is simple to use and it bears greatly reliable results.
- Applying potato juice or simply placing potato slices on the affected area can also help heal Cystic Acne. Follow either of this procedures for a half hour, then rinse the area with warm water. Repeat the process regularly if you’d like to get best results in the shortest time possible.
Best Diet To Help Deal With Acne
As far as diet is concerned, putting special emphasis on fibrous and nutritious whole grains, seeds, nuts, vegetables and fruits, especially the ones rich in Vitamin E and Vitamin A is very important. For this reason, positively include spinach, cabbage, pumpkins, lemons, cucumbers, carrots and other such-like foods in your meals. On top of this, shun from consumption of junk foods and ingredients containing too much sugar. Also drink a lot of water since it is important for skin care.
Black Cumin Seeds
Black cumin can also combat premature aging signs like sagging skin, wrinkles, and age spots, as well as correct skin disorders like acne, and eczema. Credible studies further suggest that black cumin plays a pivotal role in the healing and prevention of scars and that it offers similar soothing effects as the Betamethasone skin cream.